Friday, May 8, 2009

Mr. Greenjeans Lives Here

Hit Counter


My husband is Mr. Greenjeans, Jr. Remember him from Kaptain Kangaroo?

Well, Hubs was green when being green wasn't cool!

Above are pictures (I say this by faith, not having uploaded them) of our new COMPOST garden!

Last year this time we were in England.....staying at rural B&B's. One of them the owner had a great compost pile and the best looking veggies (and flowers) ever.

My husband came home and started a compost pile.....which if you have ever had one you know it involves WORK! Turning the dirt, watering the thing, adding more compost, etc...

Then he built an above ground bed and filled it with said compost and planted tomatoes in it.

Then he planted lettuce (for the first time in his life) in a container.

We also have blackberries, strawberries, and RASPBERRIES (I love them but they are tres expensive).

I'm so glad I married Mr. Greenjeans!

(Pictures may be on next blog....this blooming thing won't load them)



No comments: