Since I am running low on post ideas I'll resort to Dave Letterman's trick of Top Tenning.
- Lasagna......I love it and it is THE ONE THING Hubs is not fond of. I like Stouffer's lasagna,too...in fact I have never met a lasagna (or other food) I didn't like.
- Maryland crabs.....preferably eaten on a table on the back porch covered with newspaper and little hammers or mallets for whacking on hard to open claws. I really only like the claws but I like to be around others eating the rest of the crab while giving me their claws. (Well, that is what my Daddy did!) I like the crab meat dipped in a mix of vinegar and mustard. I have not had this gastronomic experience since 1978 or so. I have to substitute crab legs....which are good, too.
- Veal Parmigiana ....yummo! I grew up on veal chops but parmigiana is far superior. Our newest H'ville restaurant Louchi's has some excellent parmigiana.
- Old fashioned Waffles....made in my mom's ancient waffle maker....round....VERY DONE, crispy....I will not turn down a Belgian waffle either...I like pecans and syrup on top no need for whipped cream.
- Taylor's Ham aka Taylor's Pork Roll. This is a Yankee thing...it comes in a cloth casing in a tube shape like a small bologna you slice it and fry it (no oil ) its most like a pepperoni type meat and we grew up having it for breakfast. I cannot get it here in Hartsvegas and they want $24 to ship me a one pound roll....so unless hubs reads this and surprises me for my birthday (hint, hint) I will continue to go Taylor's Ham Less :(
- Scrapple.......another breakfast staple at my house. slice it, flour it, fry it (no grease) my terrific sister-in-law, Bubbette, fixed some for us last weekend. It did not disappoint!
- Grits, Bacon and fresh home grown tomatoes. My darling daughter and I can eat us some grits with these accouterments....ranks right up there with a BLT.
- Turkey.... I love turkey meat, well, white turkey meat...especially on a sandwich with Miracle whip and lettuce. I can hardly wait for Thanksgiving SUPPER so I can have one. I love turkey left overs....I am still turkeying it long after hubs has said, "No MORE Turkey for me."
- Macaroni and Cheese, again I love me some Stouffer's. I have a good recipe for Crock pot Mac and Cheese that I make without a crock pot....it calls for 8 oz of Velveeta. I also LOVE Kraft Deluxe Mac and Cheese (leave out at least half the noodles so it is really cheesey). I do not like dry macaroni and cheese with little or no cheese. Antioch Elementary school cooks, Margie and Jennie could put a hurtin' on some Mac and Cheese.
- Gosh....no desserts listed.... my fave would be a Coldstone Creamery Cake made with Coffee Ice Cream and Chocolate Cake. OR....Mud Pie....Chocolate crust, coffee ice cream, almonds on top.....easy peasy.
What are your favorite foods?