Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Well this picture should probably come after the next one......but we'll pretend I meant for it to be like this. What do you think I am doing?


I started out to decorate the dining room. When what to my wondering eyes should appear but a very dirty chandelier. After washing and rinsing each tiny crystal.....

It was ready to add some toes and some mistle. :)
Let this be a warning to those who think they would like a gorgeous crystal chandelier....the dang things are quite a job to wash.
While working on it, I remembered the day it arrived. My childhood best friend and her husband were visiting us for a few days. We had moved in our new house a short time before and for some reason the chandelier did not come until they were here. We opened the box and saw what seemed to be a million crystals AND a hand drawn sketch of how to assemble it. The four of us got busy and wah la.....a chandelier.
Is there anything in your house you HATE to clean? (Mark this down as my least favorite....and after today I remember why I hate to do it.)





































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a crystal chandelier but I have my maid take it apart and clean it four times a year....LOL ;-)

I loathe cleaning of all kinds which is unfortunate because I do not really have a maid. I am the maid!

Duchess Comes Home with Family said...

everything----lol

Duchess Comes Home with Family said...

Omalley says to make your job easier--have the tv packed up when we get there so he can watch the Carolina/Clemson game on Sat....lol