Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's a New Day!

Last night hubs and I went to see Blind Side. Several people had told us it was GREAT! It did not disappoint.

For those of you living under a rock, it is the true story of a white upper middle class family in Memphis, Tenn who notice a homeless black boy and eventually adopt him.

Our local Cinema was packed....I mean I think every seat was taken.

And it seemed as though, we the audience, black and white, became family while watching this flick.

Things....they are a changin' here in the South. Not only are we watching movies together; no more balcony for the blacks, thank God; but the hostility and misunderstanding and distrust of the past seems to be lessening...and that is a good thing.

When my daughter-in-law, Niki, family began the Billie Hardee Home for Boys twenty-five years ago, they had to have South Carolina Law Enforcement officers living with them to protect the boys and the family from the ire of segregationists who didn't approve of black and white boys living with a white family. Things are a changing....its a new day....its about time.

If you haven't seen the movie....go....go see it in a theater with a racially mixed audience.... It is PG-13 but the only objectional language I heard was "pissed off". I hope my older grand children see it....its a good example of Christian love in action.











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard GREAT things about this movie! Will definitely plan to see it over Christmas break!

Ashli said...

I wanted to see it over Thanksgiving, but my teen-aged, vampire-struck, shopping friend drug me to see New Moon instead (creepy)...


Now I know she owes me one!

Atir said...

This is so cool!