Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Crab Cakes in Paradise

We just came back from a week in Bay Ridge, Maryland. My parents had a cottage (and I do mean cottage) there and Mom and I spent the entire summer vacation there each year until I was in college going to summer school.

This was the beach where I swam every day. Directly across from it is the Bay Bridge (not the tunnel) but I forgot to get a pic of it :(
My parents' home has been sold for twenty years or more and I have yearned to return to my idea of paradise. God answered my prayers in a mighty big way.
He reconnected me to a childhood acquaintance, Chris Holland Cable, who has allowed me to come stay at her beautiful home pictured above while she and her husband Bill were in Europe.
Daughter Ashli and family got to come, too. Ashli, of course, came here with us as a child and has fond memories. Now the grandchildren love the place, too.
We had such a good time being there and God gave us a big break in the weather. Instead of high nineties like they have been having we had 80's with a nice breeze every day! I'm telling you it was paradise and yes we did eat some of those delicious Maryland crab cakes :)
Is there a place in your past that is paradise to you?
Have you been back there lately?

No comments: