Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Holly Jolly Season

 This is our son Wayne thanking the ladies of The Swamp Fox Quilt Guild for the quilts we made for the boys at the Billie Hardee Home for Boys.  Each boy at the home will get his own handmade quilt which he can keep as a permanent reminder that he is loved and cared for.
 Carol Lindler is showing the placemats she made after watching the demo at the last meeting by The Galloping Horsewomen aka Lucy and Ethel aka Donna and Rita.  We sold out of the kits we made for making the placemats.
 Moving on to Florida.....we arrived late Friday night so we could go to the market on Saturday.  My brother, Buddy, and sister-in-law, Diane were our hosts for a lovely visit to Naples, Fla.  The Dixielanders Jazz Band lent a festive air to the out door market.  I did break into dance a couple of times :)
 Diane loves these oils and balsamic vinegars.  We tasted quite a few and purchased pomegranate vinegar to make our own salad dressing.
 We were really excited to spy a rat terrier at the market.  He looks almost identical to our Scout.  Rat terriers are not a frequently seen breed even though they are the best dogs EVER!
 This guy is a customer at the Best Of Everything a must see in Naples.  My silver tongue convinced him to try these on and let me photograph him before his wife came and snatched him away before he could take my picture in the very fun New Years Eve Glasses :)
This is a overview of this fabulous store.  I didn't buy anything for myself but I did get a couple of gifties.  One is very large and smiling.....guess who gets that?

In a day or two I will give you an up close and personal view of THE EVERGLADES.  Let's just say they aren't lying about the alligators.  Stay tuned for another exciting episode of Donnamo :)

1 comment:

Ashli said...

Sounds like fun. My favorite part is that you were in Naples when you, and I quote, "broken out in dance a couple of times".

Glad you didn't get 'et by a gator.