Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring Has Sprung and Left ?

 A peek at the Goldfinches at our two feeders.  The bag feeder is  called a finch feeder and we keep it filled with thistle.  But they also seem to like the regular bird feed as well.

 I found these iris face down in the yard so I cut them to bring in the house.  My MIL had over 300 varieties of iris once upon a time.  I'm glad I got a few of them before the weeds took over her yard.
 I have spent untold hours working on this quilt for the guild challenge.  Our theme is Home Sweet Home so mine is an art quilt tribute to Hartsville.  I am not totally finished but you get the gist of it.


 It is hard to see this cute little trick.....it is a beaded doo dad with little mirrors strung on it.  It is so pretty to watch hanging from the trees.....compliments of my buddy Queen Charlotte of Cheraw.
The brown fronds in the back are from the cinnamon fern in my planter. They are not dead; they are supposed to look like that.

Well, that is a little taste of spring around Donnadale.  It was 42 degrees this am after being in the eighties all week.  The flowers and I don't know what to where.  I changed out my winter for spring clothes 3 weeks ago.  Good thing I have whittled my wardrobe down to my one closet so warmer clothes are just a hanger away.

How about you?  Are you having Spring?  or Sprung?

No comments: