Monday, August 17, 2009

Good Videosn & Pic


If you haven't seen Julie and Julie call in sick tomorrow and go with a sista. My friend, Rita, and I went Friday and she even provided the Milk Duds. Yummo.....Meryl Streep hits a home run as Julia Child and Amy Adams is a great Julie.

The best thing about The Land of Women is Meg Ryan. She is still adorable except for a tiny bit too much botox in those adorable pouty lips. Still a size 2 and looks maybe 35. The Kite Runner is great....I didn't read the book but loved the video.


Oh, The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas is Excellent. Atonement is an interesting love story. Both take place during World War II and I love those German and English gorgeous houses with the servants in their black uniforms and white caps polishing every thing to a shine. Sigh.......but I'll skip the things going on in their countries thank you.


Have YOU seen any good videos or movies lately. These were all recommended to me by friends.

Free Counter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a Netflix subscription and some of the most recent movies we've seen are Gran Torino, Defiance, and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

George is a huge Clint Eastwood fan, but Gran Torino is not Eastwood's best.

Defiance is very good. It's got Daniel Craig (James Bond) in it (he's all you need to make a movie good!) About a large group of Jews who hid from the Nazis in the forest during WWII.

Journey to the Center of the earth--Short, fun, very enjoyable. Peter loved it. He'll probably get this one as a Christmas present.

Kimberly said...

Saw Julie & Julia this past Saturday and can't wait to go back with Mom this Thursday. I know she's going to love it. I read the Kite Runner and felt wrung out emotionally; it was so painful. I'm glad I read it, but it was painful nonetheless. I wondered if I could handle the movie.

I just recently saw 3:10 to Yuma. I thought it would be too violent for me and while it IS violent (its the Old West, after all) the story is great. Made me cry in a bittersweet-but-still-good way.

Miss Potter is cuuuuute! Its about Beatrix Potter and if you like the Peter Rabbit stories, I think you'll like it; it really is a sweet movie.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, I agree with Kimberly. 3:10 to Yuma is an excellent movie! You can never go wrong with Russell Crowe. Miss Potter is very sweet. I think you would enjoy it.

If I can drag my mom away from her patient (my dad is having *another* surger) maybe she and I can see Julia and Julie!