Friday, September 11, 2009

G-R-O-W-T-H

Yesterday, the guest on Chris Fabry Live talked about Growth as a Christian. He compared it to growth as a human. How we can't see the growth in ourselves or each other day by day or month by month. But over the years we can see a huge amount of growth. I know when the grandchildren and I look back at their pictures we are amazed at how little they were and how much they have grown. They looked like themselves even as toddlers....now more grown up but still children. It really encouraged me that , hopefully, God can look at us and see spiritual progress even when we can't see any in ourselves. To illustrate this growth principle I am showing the growth of my favorite daughter, Gabby who will be thirty-seven tomorrow. Here I am bringing her home from the hospital and her brother Wayne greeting her. I love the look on his face and his posture (and those cute pjs). How about that car? We logged a bunch of road trips in that station wagon.

This is Gabs with me at about age 3 or four. Not the best photographic evidence but I like the way she and I are holding on to each other.....and my hair looks good.....in the red dye.


Here she is a teen. She always picks at me for laughing with MY mouth WIDE open. Here we see the apple didn't fall far from the tree.




And the beautimus bride!


and the new Mother!
If you want to see her now you have to go to her blog....www.sweetestp.blogspot.com
She is still maturing physically and spiritually. I hope I am too!

Hit Counter Where this number came from I have no clue....obviously not accurate :(















































































2 comments:

Ashli said...

Wow, she sounds like a great baby, child, teen, pre-adult, adult, wife, mother...

Could you have picked worse pictures of me?????????

Love ya, Moms!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute to a sweet girl!