Monday, October 19, 2009

Hot Dog.....We're Home!

On our way North to Meadows of Dan, Virginia, Curtis and I stopped in at the Ebenezer Grill in Rock Hill, SC to lunch with our daughter, Gabby.
Since we try hard never to miss an opportunity to embarrass the heck out of her....we tried on the Hot Dog Hat! My husband should wear it 24-7 since he eats AT LEAST one hot dog a day and usually two. I think that makes him the Hot Dog King and by default I guess I am the Queen of Hot Dogs.

While visiting with Sallie and Andy, Sallie and I went to two huge fabric/quilt stores. This one at fancy gap had upgraded quite a bit. I bought fabric to do my next quilt here.


The next day, Sallie and Lynn, her neighbor and a fellow quilter, and I went to Wytheville to the SEW WHAT FABRICS store. OMGoodness! I should have taken the pic inside. Three levels of fabulous fabrics. And a good portion on sale. This store advertises in national quilt magazines; it was great to see it in person. I bought more fabric and thread for the new quilt.



When lunch time rolled around we went next door to the Log Cabin Restaurant established in 1776. It is truly an old log cabin with so much ambiance......if you are ever on the way anywhere and see the sign for Wytheville....stop and ask for The Log Cabin Restaurant. (Or Goggle it.)




This is Sallie's quilt that set me off on making a quilt with a border print. I made a few of the nine patches while I was there and as soon as I finish my Christmas Quilt I will be working on this one.
Well must go sew on my NEW JANOME 6600P Sewing Machine. Will tell more about that in another post.





Hit Counter













Free Counter























































No comments: