Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lucy and Ethel Go to Meadows of Dan

As my peeps know, Ethel and I are up at Sallie and Andy's log cabin house sitting for the week. I brought Ethel along to tend to the wood stove. Everyone knows, Lucy could never master that!
I am in charge of feeding cats and dog and cleaning out the litter box....very low tech.
So here is Ethel keeping us nice and toasty. She has done a good job even on days it was 80 outside.
Sunday we visited Mountain View Methodist Church with Sallie's neighbor/friend Lynda. They have a bluegrass praise band! How cool is that?

Here is a closer, darker view of the band. We sang These are the Days of Elijah and other current praise favorites :)


Lynda took us on a scenic tour on our way home. This is Mabury Mill a favorite on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Yesterday we went to Floyd, Va the home of Schoolhouse Fabrics a three story brick school building FULL of fabric and other notions. Floyd is an artsy town with interesting shops we enjoyed browsing through.
Ethel (aka Rita) quote: "When someone tells you something is ten miles away. Those are "mountain miles" aka curvy roads and it will take you 3 and 1/2 hours to navigate them."
Ethel got her name by locking her keys in the car on her way up here during a stop at Fancy Gap. Her solution to prevent this from happening again is to put her keys on her dog's leash and attaching it to her purse. This contraption leads to all kinds of hilarious "situations." In fact after a twenty minute search for her seam ripper which was found under her chair....I may actually concede that she is LUCY and I am Ethel.
So Sallie, not to worry Lucy and Ethel are setting fires in your hand made log cabin.
Do you have a Lucy friend to keep you in stitches? I am so glad I do......right now my heart is so merry it is about to burst.
Hit Counter




























































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. A log cabin with a wood-burning stove. I bet the fall foliage is gorgeous, too. I'm jealous----but glad you are getting to enjoy it!

I have Lucy/Ethel relationships with both a friend and a sister-in-law. Thank goodness for that kind of laughter! It surely improves health and lengthens life.

Ashli said...

I am so glad you guys are in a place where noone can connect you to me. Ha!

Kidding, I am glad you are having a blast in the mountains! How relaxing and fun to laugh at each other's fobles.

I have lots of friends like that, but one that was my totally best friend for cutting up with I talked with on the phone last night and I am meeting in Boston for lunch on FRIDAY, I CAN NOT WAIT! She is picking me up from the airport and taking me to a cool place to eat!
Enjoy your keys searches!