Saturday, January 23, 2010

I recently became interested in pictorial quilting. These are story quilts with real history behind them. I decided to focus my quilt on the people in our family tree. I am learning to make fabric pictures of our ancestors. They probably won't be very realistic depictions but at least they will acknowledge our forefathers and fore mothers. The one above represents my parents.
This was the first one I did and it is of Curtis' great great grandparents.

I made the wedding dress of some of the actual fabric from my wedding dress. Oops.....I see I was so anxious to blog about it I omitted our wedding date......March 19, 1966.
Its been pretty cold here so I haven't been doing much else besides pilates, Bible Study, Free Medical Clinic, reading, and church library work.
What have you been up to?

































No comments: