Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Its A New QUILT and More

I started this new quilt yesterday. Its called Carolina Byways. My good friend and quilter extraordinaire, Sallie McCauley and husband Andy came to visit and spend the night before signing on the sale of their house here today.

She wanted to try out my "new" Janome sewing machine before purchasing her own, so she sewed and cut some blocks for me while I cut out blocks for her to sew. In the quilting world this is FUN!

The placement of the blocks above is temporary....when I have more hopefully it will look like the mountains and oceans of the Carolinas.

Andy helped me understand the current US financial problems....no mean feat!

Today on Chris Fabry Live, Erwin Lutzer, pastor of Moody Church in Chicago and learned theologian compared the conditions in the US today with the conditions in Germany during the rise of the Third Reich. He was NOT saying we are Nazi's etc.... just that the conditions in Germany when Hitler rose to power were similar to those in the US today.
  • A disregard for human life (abortion is a slippery slope to euthanasia and a "death panel"
  • The deadening of conscience (Values clarification is what we teach in school....there is no right or wrong....every one does they feel is best.)
  • Economic turmoil.....(when people need food and shelter they will abandon their ideals)
  • Separation of Church and State (Hitler told Bonhoeffer "you can have their (Christian's) bodys as long as I have their souls")

If this interests or infuriates you go to Chris Fabry Live and listen to today's broadcast. Let me know what you think!


This is my mother-in-law, Edith Chapman, on left and her sister Sabra on the right. Edith was 19 at the time, Sabra fifteen.

























No comments: