Sunday, April 4, 2010

Eternal Easter


We had a very blessed Easter today. My youngest granddaughter, Megan Elizabeth Chapman was baptized. It is hard to see her but she is behind the microphone and beside her minister. She had confessed Jesus as her Savior some time back but was a little leery of water baptism. Today she faced her fear and I couldn't be prouder of her.
Her actions have shown her love for God for quite some time. She helps her 25 year old cousin with her two sets of twins under four years old, almost every day. You could see how much the twins love her when we ate lunch together today.
As a Christian, nothing is more important to me than seeing my children and grandchildren accept Jesus as their own Savior. An old saying goes, "there are no grandchildren in heaven."
That means no matter how godly or holy your parents or grandparents were.....their references do not count. Only those who have asked Jesus to forgive them and appropriated his sacrificial death for themselves will be an heir to heaven.
This really bugs some people. They think there should be a lot of ways.......hare Krishna, Buddhism, Hinduism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses......all declare they have another way. But if you believe The Holy Bible (and I do).......where Jesus himself declared: "I AM THE WAY<>
I pray that any one reading this will check their own heart. God loves every single one of us warts and all.....but he set the standard.....only those who love His son can live with Him in Heaven. If you think about it, even though a person says he loves the United States he still can't come here without the proper documentation. There are no illegal immigrants in heaven.
This will be Donnamo's last post; its been fun and I've loved sharing my life with all four of my readers :) but it's time to move on. I hope I will see YOU in heaven.














No comments: