Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Assessing My Inner Life

As I said yesterday, these assessments were suggested by Gordon MacDonald.



Assessing My Inner Life

Where am I presently with God?

Am I comfortable with him?

Is Jesus my Lord or am I running my life

And expecting Him to follow me around?



Are there any open wounds from the

past that I am carrying around with

me? (anger, regrets)



Where did I get off track today?



Listen to my heart daily…..if a memory

Comes up….do I need to repent?

Forgive? Be more thankful? Is there

A deeper meaning?  In the Old

Testament God often says remember.

The past is a great library to inform

My life.



What is driving me today? Money,

My job? My call?



How thankful am I today? Am I a

Steward who appreciates things

Or an owner who expects things?



Can I trust my feelings? Are my

Emotions appropriate?  I may need

To ask those around me.



What intimidates me? Someone

Smarter, richer, prettier, higher

Social status?



What is my status with the key

People in my life?



How do I come across to people

Who first meet me?



What am I doing with my mind?

What am I reading?



What is my work ethic? Housekeeping?

Lazy? Sloppy? It refects on Jesus.



What is my attitude on generosity?

Am I selfish?


Comments????? Anyone?????




No comments: